We love fresh, seasonal and healthy foods here at Naturally Learning – and so do the children. This Coconut fish curry recipe is one of our favourite warming dishes, perfect for the dark October evenings.
Benefits of cod for children:
Cod is packed with nutritious vitamins B12 and B6, and is an excellent low calorie source of protein that keeps tummies fuller for longer. The creamy coconut milk is lactose-free, high in fibre and rich in vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals.
And it tastes delicious.
Ready. Steady. Bake.
Coconut fish curry recipe
• 600g Cod Fillet
• 1 Garlic Clove
• 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
• 1 Medium Onion (diced)
• 1 ½ Mild Curry Powder
• 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 400 ml Light Coconut Milk
1. Slice the fish into strips, making sure there are no bones.
2. Peel and dice the garlic.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until softened.
4. Add the curry powder, tomato puree and lemon juice and mix well.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time so that the mixture does not burn.
6. Add the coconut milk and stir until it boils.
7. Turn the heat down and add the fish.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
9. Serve with basmati rice and chopped tomatoes.
Print the recipe here so you can make it yourself.
Subscribe here for free and get a seasonal, healthy and tasty recipe delivered by email every week.