Most children don’t get the recommended five or more portions of fruits and vegetables a day. We all know the benefits of healthy eating – vegetables are packed with a multitude of essential vitamins and minerals that boost immunity and help children’s growing bodies.
At Naturally Learning we prepare and cook fresh healthy meals on the premises for our children every day. We have been awarded Five Stars in the Nippers Nutrition programme that recognises our nutritious menus, so here is one of our favourite recipes that is super easy to make from scratch at any time.
Your whole family will get the improved nutrition to boost their immune system and fight off common coughs and colds, while enjoying a tasty and warming vegetable soup.
Vegetable soup recipe for kids
- 200g chopped raw vegetable such as onion, celery and carrots
- 300g potato
- 1tbsp oil
- 700ml vegetable stock (Kalo if used)
- Black pepper
- Crème fraiche and fresh herbs to serve
1. Chop, peel and cube the vegetables.
2. Fry the vegetables in a little oil for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Make up the stock or Kalo.
4. Add the stock or Kalo to the vegetables and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Once the vegetables are tender, blend the mixture until smooth.
6. Season with black pepper.
7. Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche and some fresh herbs.
Print the vegetable soup recipe here so you can make it yourself.
Subscribe here for free and get a seasonal, healthy and tasty recipe delivered by email every week.